After nearly 90 years, an iconic part of Beckley's landscape has closed its doors. Officials with Black Knight Country Club, located on South Kanawha Street, made the announcement on Thursday, Dec. 28, 2017.
Black Knight has an 18 hole golf course and, among other things, has served as the location of Rotary Club meetings in recent years. According to club manager and Raleigh County Commissioner, Byrd White, they had to close due to a lack of members. White said there are no plans on what to do with the property and building at this time.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Hong Kong bookseller detained again by Chinese authorities
- Philippine volcano spews fountains of lava, big ash plumes
- Search for shooting suspect leads to drug bust
- Connecticut theater director accused of sexual misconduct