BECKLEY W. Va. (WVNS) -- It was an action packed night at the rodeo Friday, January 12th, 2018.
Extreme bull riding returned to the Beckley Raleigh-County Convention Center and families from all over southern West Virginia came out to enjoy the entertainment.
David Holstein has been bringing his family to the rodeo for the past few years, he said he loves for his kids to get together and see what it takes to be a cowboy.
"We just like to see all the cowboys and bulls, mostly the bulls, to see how aggressive they are," said Holstein.
Brayden Knight is a local cowboy from Jumping Branch. He said he wanted to impress the crowd and ride his bull, Redneck.
"It's a little nerve wracking to compete in front of a lot of people I know. But I'm gonna try my best to go out there and make them proud," said Knight.
Extreme bull riding will return to the Convention Center for another night full of fun, Saturday, January 13th, 2018, at 8 o'clock.
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Grand Canyon helicopter crash victim dies, 3 still critical
- Gun control bill OK'd by Oregon; 1st since Florida shooting
- Ex-staffer regrets racy photos sent to congressional hopeful
- Judge: Ads can run in Uber, Lyft vehicles in New York City