HINTON, WV (WVNS) -- Members of the First United Methodist Church in Hinton gathered for a football-themed soup and sandwich fellowship event on February 4, 2018. They raised money for its Matthew 25:40 non-profit organization, which helps children and schools in Guatemala with their day-to-day operations. With a big financial boost coming from the event, many Guatemalan children and their communities will be getting even more help from their American neighbors.
"They get two meals a day," said board member Karen Bollinger. "They get a good education. We also work on the community, building houses, and improving the school each year."
Although the event is over, you can still make a donation to the organization by clicking here.
WVU to teach emergency preparedness...
Fire crews respond to 2 house fires...
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- U.S. medalist talks next step after Olympics
- Kosovo celebrates a decade of independence from Serbia
- Israel slams Polish PM for WWII 'Jewish perpetrators' remark
- Raleigh County resident, Vietnam veteran receives Purple Heart, other distinguished military honors