1:30 p.m. Dec.20, 2017 UPDATE:
New details are released about an accident which happened in Tazewell County on Monday. Investigators said a 2000 Ford Focus was headed east on Route 19/460 when it ran off the right side of the highway. The driver overcorrected, sending the car back into the roadway and across the median. The vehicle eventually came to a when it hit a tree on the other side of the road.
Troopers said Ashley N. Lewis, 31, of North Tazewell, VA was killed in the crash. They said she was not wearing a seatbelt. There is no word on what may have initially caused her to run off the road.
TAZEWELL, W. Va. (WVNS) -- One person has died after a single-vehicle crash in Tazewell County early Monday morning.
Officials said the crash happened on U.S. Route 460 near Industry Road around 5:30 am.
One person reportedly died but their name has not been released at this time.
Stay with 59 News on this developing story.
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Officials say suicide bomber kills 2 in Afghan capital
- The Latest: Official: 18 soldiers killed in west Afghanistan
- Ivanka Trump at Olympics for politics, to back athletes
- Ledecka gets second Olympic gold, this time in snowboarding