Bluefield, WV 24701, USA - The Bluefield Beavers (13-0) are headed to the Super 6 after a Semifinals win over the Bridgeport Indians.
In Friday night's game, Senior running back Mookie Collier carried the ball 17 times for 293 yards and 4 Touchdowns! During his Senior season, Collier has rushed for more than 2,000 yards and a combined 38 touchdowns (33 rushing).
There have been many keys to Bluefield's success including the Beavers' strong offensive line and the backfield duo of Collier and Senior fullback Truck Edwards.
"What's kind of neat, Truck and Mookie compliment each other so well," says Bluefield Head Coach Fred Simon. "One is so powerful inside and the other is so powerful outside, that teams have to get ready for both, and that's the beauty that we have."
Truck Edwards has rushed for more than 1,000 yards this season and has accounted for an additional 19 rushing touchdowns.
On Friday, December 1st, the Beavers will head to Wheeling Island Stadium to compete in the Class AA State Championship Game against the Fairmont Senior Polar Bears. Collier and the rest of the Beavers will hope to bring home a State Championship for the first time since 2009.
Kremlin rejects talks of boycotting the
Tennys Sandgren blasts media in final
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Report: Daimler, BMW to merge their car-sharing services
- Backlash following harassment reports at UK charity dinner
- Uber driver in US illegally charged with 4 California rapes
- The Latest: US Treasury chief not worried by Davos critics