Crews Battle Another Fire in Cold Temperatures in Glen Morgan - Beckley, Bluefield & Lewisburg News, Weather, Sports

Crews Battle Another Fire in Cold Temperatures in Glen Morgan

Posted: Updated:

A house caught fire Tuesday night in Raleigh County.

Dispatchers received the call just after 11:00 p.m. reporting an explosion, in the 200 block of Sullivan Road, in Glen Morgan.

Two families woke up to flames in their home, and for one couple, they were lucky to get out alive.

"We were just laying in bed and we woke up and all around the bottom of the bed was on fire," said Frank Worix.

Worix said he instantly tried to put out the flames but the entire floor under the bed was already lit and it was spreading fast.

"The fire marshal said it maybe was caused by an extension cord I had plugged up under the bed and it made a hot spot down there... But I don't know what happened after that it burnt up so quick I tried to put it out and I couldn't," said Worix.

Worix said the home has been in his family for generations and he spent years restoring it for his family.

"I tried to fix it up make it look the best that I could... It was home. Now I don't know what we're going to do I don't know where we're going to go," said Worix.

His nephew tells 59 News he will be taking up donations so his two uncle's can get back on their feet.

"There's really nothing left we can salvage we need all the help we can get," said Christopher Dancy.

If you'd like to help, Christopher can be reached at 304 890 0445.

Beaver Fire Department, Mabscott Fire Department, Ghent Fire Department, Coal City Fire Department, and the Raleigh County Sheriffs Department responded.

Everyone's injuries from the fire are non life-threatening.