Firefighters were called to the scene of an explosion in Oak Hill on Tuesday, Aug. 15, 2017. It happened at around 3 p.m. at a house on Valley Street.
Emergency responders said that a man was diluting chlorine with water and that was what led to what is being called a minor explosion. There were three people in the house at the time. The 44-year-old man had to be taken to Plateau Medical Center for treatment of minor burns and chlorine inhalation. His name has not been released.
The residents have been evacuated until the air clears. In the meantime, firefighters who are required to go into the home are being hosed off with water when they leave the building.