UPDATE: A Good Samaritan helps couple in Montcalm house fire


Several area fire departments responded to a house fire in Mercer County on Tuesday, March 3, 2015. Emergency dispatchers said the call came in just after 6 a.m. The home is on Crane Creek Road in Montcalm. 

The homeowners said they were asleep when a “Good Samaritan” knocked on their door and told them their chimney was on fire. 

The Montcalm, Bluewell, Northfork, Green Valley, Matoaka and Bramwell Fire Departments responded to the scene. The Bluefield Rescue Squad was there on standby, but no injuries were reported.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories