Post Christmas is a common time for toys to cause injuries for children

Raleigh County
toys_1546031414194.jpg

 Giving gifts to children is a favorite part of Christmas, but should be appropriate for the child to avoid any problems.

 Doctors say after Christmas is a common time to see cases of kids swallowing small toys or becoming injured from them. It’s recommended to look at the appropriate age range for a toy before buying it for a child.   

Dr. Johnny Walker of Access Health in Beckley also stressed to avoid giving small, sharp, or battery operated toys to younger children because, if swallowed, could cause internal damage.

“Aside from the initial choking event some of the toys can cause damage to the stomach or the intestines as they pass through especially batteries,” Dr. Walker said.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

West Virginia News

More West Virginia News

Virginia News

More Virginia News

Trending Stories