President Donald Trump is making another trip to the Mountain State on Thursday, April 5, 2018. He is holding a tax roundtable at the White Sulphur Springs Civic Center.
In advance of the roundtable, U.S. Senator Joe Manchin (D-WV) released the following statement:
“There is a growing concern amongst the people of the Mountain State about the tax plan, and Washington finally realized they need to come to West Virginia and answer the following questions:
- What will the 200,000 West Virginians do when they lose healthcare coverage?
- How much will Republicans cut from Medicare and Social Security?
- What happens when our rural hospitals go bankrupt?
- Why is this plan causing insurance premiums to go up?
- Why are the middle-class tax changes not permanent?
- Why is Mitch McConnell blocking coal miners’ pensions?
“These are important questions that deserve answers during tomorrow’s event in White Sulphur Springs. We need to quit playing politics with West Virginians’ lives.
“I won’t stop fighting to protect Medicare and Social Security for our seniors, the 200,000 West Virginians at risk of losing coverage, and to secure coal miner pensions.”