11:30 a.m. Wednesday, Feb. 20, 2019 UPDATE: Deputies in Fayette County were seaching along Sanger Road in Oak Hill on Wednesday. They are looking for evidence in a two-year-old cold case
Sheriff Mike Fridley said they have recieved new information in the case of Georgia Malinda Stone, who was last seen at her home in Oak Hill. That was back in December 2016.
Investigators are searching with cadaver dogs. 59News has a crew on the scene and will bring you more as information becomes available.
ORIGINAL STORY: More than two years after she went missing, deputies in Fayette County continue the search for a woman. The anniversary of the disappearance of Georgia Malinda Stone was on Wednesday, Dec. 5.
Ms. Stone was last seen at her house on Sanger Road at 8:15 a.m. on Dec. 5, 2016. She was originally from Nicholas County. Over the course of the last two years, investigators have followed up on leads in both Fayette and Nicholas County.
Georgia Stone is a 56-year-old white woman who stands 5-feet 2-inches tall and weighs between 130 and 140 pounds. She has blue eyes and brown hair. She wears glasses and when she disappeared she was wearing blue jeans and a red sweatshirt.
Anyone with information on Ms. Stone's location is asked to contact the Fayette County Sheriff's Office at 304-574-4304 or Crime Stoppers of West Virginia at 304-255-STOP (7867). Anonymous tips can also be left online at the Crime Stoppers website or by using the P3 Tips App available for mobile devices on the Apple Store or Google Play.
Fayette County teachers make voices...
Deputies: Scarbro man arrested for...
- Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Maduro's opponents brave tear gas in push to deliver aid
- Counting starts in Nigeria's delayed poll marked by violence
- The Latest: North Korea confirms leader on train to summit
- Ole Miss players kneel in response to Confederacy rally
- Brown officially named WVU head coach
- Tonight we head to the Hardwood across state lines.
- Tonight the WVU Tech women's and men's basketball teams hosted a quarterfinal of the River State Championships at the Beckley-Raleigh County Conventio
- Tonight we cover the double A region 3 section 2 girls basketball tournament taking place at Princeton Senior High School.
- Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.