ALDERSON, WV (WVNS) - Aside from all of the shopping during Christmas time, another key part to the holidays is decorating.
The Town of Alderson is holding a contest to see which home in the town can put up the best Christmas decoration display.
The Hoovers won the contest in years past. They said they begin putting up their decorations early for all to enjoy. The Hoovers also have a special decoration everyone waits to see: the countdown to Christmas clock
"We put that up Early November, if not people in the town begin asking where is the countdown clock," Judy Hoover said.
A team of judges will drive around Saturday, December 15, at 6 p.m. to make their decisions.
Aside from the contest, Alderson also has its own light display at Memorial Bridge and Alumni Park.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- WVU at NC State will not be played on Saturday
- Richlands High School remembers former running back Devon Johnson
- Virginia Tech players mentor foster children
- Students gear-up for Bluefield-Graham Rivalry