RICHLANDS, VA (WVNS) - Officers with the Richlands Police Department were called to a home on Fairfax St. following a fire at a home. It happened during the morning hours of Tuesday, Jan. 8, 2019.
According to investigators, James Curtis Whitaker, 34, of Richlands, Virginia was in the home illegally and accidently set a fire in the basement. Whitaker is charged with Breaking and Entering and Petit Larceny. Police added that more charges could be filed in the investigation.
The case is still open, but police said there is no indication that anyone else was involved in the crime. Whitaker is being held in the Southwest Virginia Regional Jail. His bond is set at $2,500.
- Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Venezuela's invigorated opposition take streets in key test
- AP Top Business News at 1:18 a.m. EST
- South Korea human rights body to investigate abuse in sports
- Serena turns ankle, wastes match points in loss to Pliskova