BECKLEY, WV (WVNS) — It’s that time of year again, time to start planning your summer calendar! Since the COVID-19 pandemic, a lot of events were cancelled in 2020, but this year is looking up for southern West Virginia.
Some events may have restrictions in place for safety, such as mask wearing or social distancing. Find your county below to find out what’s happening!
Do you know of a scheduled event or an update to the status of an event that we’ve missed? Submit your information here.
Fireworks at Linda K. Epling Stadium on July 3rd – starting at dusk
The Josh Turner concert, which is a part of the Beckley Auto Fair, will be at the Raleigh County Memorial Airport on July 10th at 5 p.m.
Beckley Gaming Expo on July 31st at the Beckley Raleigh County Convention Center from 12 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Events at The Resort at Glade Springs:
- Friday, June 18th at 6:30 p.m. – Trivia Night, tickets can be bought online.
- Saturday, July 3rd at 5 p.m. – Fourth of July celebration: Parade, food trucks and a wine and beer garden
- Saturday, July 24 at 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. – Glade Springs Community Sale. Limited spots are available.
Alderson 4th of July Celebration:
- July 3rd – Grand Parade: line-up is at 8 a.m. at Alderson Elementary School and the grand parade kicks off at 9 a.m.
- July 3rd – 2021 entertainment – The Hobbs Sisters concert from 7:30-9:30 p.m. at the Alderson Memorial Football Field
- July 3rd – main Fireworks Show after The Hobbs Sisters concert at 10 p.m.
- First Fridays After Five – July 2nd, August 6th, September 3rd in Downtown Lewisburg
- Greenbrier Valley Theater Presents “Driving Miss Daisy” July 8 – 24
- Fairlea Volunteer Fire Department Annual Music Bash – July 8th from 7:30 – 10:30 p.m. at the State farigrounds in Fairlea. Riley Green is performing, and you can find tickets here: https://www.etix.com/ticket/p/5573516/fairlea-volunteer-fire-department-annual-music-bash-featuring-riley-green-fairlea-the-state-fair-of-west-virginia
White Sulphur Springs:
- Third Thursdays in White Sulphur Springs – June 17th, July 15th, August 19th on Main Street in White Sulphur Springs
- Carnegie Hall Fantasy in Black & White – September 3 – 6:30 p.m. at The Greenbrier Resort
- Cool Cruisin’ Nights – June 19th, July 17th, August 21st from 5-10 p.m. on Mercer Street
- Food Truck Frenzy – June 26th, 12 p.m. to 11 p.m. at the Chuck Mathena Center
- First Fridays in Downtown Princeton, July 2nd, August 6th, September 3rd, from 5-8 p.m.
- July 4th Fireworks in Princeton, Hunnicutt Stadium
- Music in the Mountains, August 28th from 2-10 p.m. at Glenwood Park
- August 21st – Two Virginias 5K challenge – The race begins at 9 a.m. starting near the Chamber of The Two Virginias. The race will finish in Bluefield, VA near the New Graham Pharmacy.
- Fayetteville 5K Fun Run/Walk on July 3rd from 8:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. at Fayetteville Town Park
- Firework show at Charlie McCoy Park on July 4th at dusk
- Thurmond Ghost Hunt on July 17th starting at 7 p.m. at ACE Adventure Resort. Visit one of the most haunted places inside the park, Thurmond.
- Nightmare on the Gorge – August 7- 9 at ACE Adventure Resort
- Oak Leaf Festival September 2 – 5
The 56th Annual WV Water Festival will be held July 24 – 31. Here is a list of events:
- Pretty Baby Contest on July 29th at 6 p.m.
- Fireman’s Parade on July 30th at 8 p.m.
- Grand Parade on July 31st at noon
- The Safety on the Blue team will be handing out life vests July 30th and 31st at the vendor event, in the park behind the Memorial Building.
July 4th – Parade at 7 p.m. followed by a ceremony honoring city workers, police officers, firefighters and military; fireworks afterwards at Linkous park in Welch.
- Independence Day celebrations – July 3 -4, all day at Snowshoe Resort
- Blues, Brews and BBQ Festival – July 30 – 31, all day at Snowshoe Resort
- 4848 Festival – a day of live music at Snowshoe Resort on September 3 – 5
- First Fridays happening every Friday through August on Main Street In Tazewell
- Music on Main and Cruise-In: June 19, July 24, and August 21 – kicks off at 4 p.m. with a parade starting at 2330 Fincastle Turnpike (the former Ramey’s lot) to Main Street in Tazewell. Concert at 6:30.
- T-Town Triathlon at Lincolnshire Park
- Tazewell County Fair – August 24 – 28