OAK HILL, WV (WVNS) — An annual Thanksgiving meal in Fayette County was postponed this year.
Every year, the Lewis Christian Center in Oak Hill feeds hundred of families on Thanksgiving, but because of COVID-19 concerns, organizers decided to postpone the meal.
This year would have marked the 20th anniversary of feeding families. Meal Coordinator Lesley Taylor said postponing the event was a tough decision to make.
“So many people depend on the community thanksgiving meal to provide their meal. We are very regretful of the fact to postpone the meals. We are very cognizant the current pandemic and the possible ramification,” Taylor explained.
Taylor said they look forward to next year’s Thanksgiving meal. Donations are still being accepted.
- Crews respond to tractor trailer fire on I-77
- Fayette County man arrested on sexual assault charges
- Monroe County officials still looking for poll workers
- Monroe County residents will vote to change alcohol sale time on Sundays
- Rocket Boys Festival blasts off with rocket launch