WHEELING, WV (WTRF) — Wheeling Police are investigating a pedestrian fatality in the 100 block of Warwood Avenue/ WV State Route 2.
At 6:36 a.m., officers were dispatched for a report of a vehicle hitting a pedestrian, but when officers arrived, a victim could not be located.
Shortly after, a second 911 call was made at the Interstate 70 Washington Avenue eastbound exit ramp for a vehicle that appeared to be dragging a body.
Further investigation led police investigators to believe a woman was hit by a pickup truck in Warwood and then dragged by a second vehicle to the Washington Avenue area.
Police have located the drivers of both vehicles and are working to make a positive identification of the adult female victim. The incident is still under investigation.
- Gov. Justice signs 125-year-old bill establishing Bluefield State College
- New attractions coming to Lewisburg Chocolate Festival
- Wear Red Luncheon brings good news for patients in southern West Virginia
- Local families crippled by insulin costs, hopeful for price cap bill
- New business opens its doors in Sophia