CHARLESTON, WV (WVNS)– Governor Jim Justice announced on March 25, 2020 at Noon there will be a statewide Day of Prayer Service. Gov. Justice will join religious leaders from across West Virginia to host the service.
According to the release, this will provide West Virginians the opportunity to come together in prayer during the ongoing Stay At Home Order, which went into effect on Tuesday, March 24, 2020. Leaders from many different religious backgrounds will help lead the service to allow people to come together no matter what their religion is, for a time of reflection and prayer.
“I really urge everyone to watch it and surely pray with us. God above will hear us. He will be the one to get us through this,” Gov. Justice stated.
Gov. Justice also issued a proclamation, declaring March 25, 2020 as an official Day of Prayer in WV. For the full proclamation, visit their website.
- Law Enforcement Agencies looking for two people of interest in Monroe County
- First two cases of COVID-19 confirmed in Tazewell County
- Gov. Justice joined governors from PA and OH to discuss COVID-19 pandemic
- Practicing social distancing and staying active during COVID-19
- Kroger implements social distancing techniques inside stores