According to the City of Kannapolis, Sgt. Dot Cole is the oldest living Marine.
She joined the Marine Corps during World War II in 1943.
Sgt. Cole completed her training at Camp Lejeune and was then stationed at Quantico. City officials say she primarily served in an administrative role.
Last month, another North Carolina woman celebrated a monumental birthday. Hester Ford turned 116, making her the oldest living person in the United States.
- LIVE GAME LOG: West Virginia (3-1, 2-1 Big 12) at Texas Tech (1-3, 1-2 Big 12)
- Cool and unsettled next week
- Greenbrier East High School goes virtual
- COVID-19 LATEST: Kanawha County moves to Gold on Alert System map
- Second stimulus checks: White House less optimistic than Pelosi on pre-election deal