Wheeling, WV (WTRF) — Wheeling Attorney, Paul Harris, and a group of small Wheeling businesses (plaintiffs) filed a lawsuit against West Virginia Governor, (defendant) Jim Justice.
The lawsuit was filed in federal court Thursday, September 17, 2020.
The plaintiffs stated the complaint focuses on first amendment rights. They claim Gov. Justice limiting large groups outside is a violation of freedom of assembly.
Harris said he believes Gov. Justice is making his own laws and the state legislature should have been called to make the laws for the Mountain State.
Harris said the complaint was also filed by educators in the region, but they were not mentioned in the lawsuit.
You can read the full lawsuit below.
- McDowell County man facing sexual assault charges following investigation
- COVID-19 LATEST: Mercer County man among latest deaths in WV
- Newsfeed Now: President Trump heads to Arizona, Biden works virtually from Delaware
- Zeta Set to Impact the Two Virginias Tonight into Tomorrow
- WV early voting, cast absentee ballots passes 2016 election