SISSONVILLE, WV (WOWK) – One man is dead and another injured after becoming trapped underneath a dump truck.
According to dispatchers, rescuers responded to the scene along the 7400 block of Sissonville Drive in Sissonville, WV at Jimmy Dunn Excavating, around 8:15 a.m. on Monday, April 27, 2020.
We’re told one man was deceased when crews arrived, they managed to lift the truck off the other man. No word on the extent of the man’s injuries. The names of the victims have not been released.
The accident looked to be an apparent maintenance accident, according to Sgt. Brian Humphreys with the Kanawha County Sheriff’s Department.
OSHA is currently investigating the accident.
Stay with WOWKTV.com for the latest.
- WVU women’s hoops opens season with big win over Fresno State
- Local farmer sells Christmas trees in Beckley
- Police: Thieves targeting delivered packages as pandemic forces more online shopping
- Capitol dome in Charleston expected to be completed in spring
- Trump administration moves ahead on gutting bird protections