MASON COUNTY, W.Va. (WOWK) – The West Virginia State Fire Marshal’s Office and the West Virginia State Police allege a woman intentionally set the August 2016 Mason County fire in which her 10-year-old son died.
Maria Young, 34, is charged with first-degree arson in connection with an Aug. 21, 2016 fire at a home on Charleston Road in Point Pleasant in which her son, Dominick Young, died.
Investigators arrested and charged Young on Tuesday, September 24, 2019. She remains held on a $100,000 bond at Western Regional Jail. WVSFMO investigators and State Police are jointly conducting the investigation, which remains ongoing.
- Future of Confederate statue in Tazewell County on November ballot
- Virginia officials meet to discuss potential fish farm in Tazewell County
- Virginia State Superintendent tours Tazewell County schools
- Robert C. Byrd Clinic offers safer trick-or-treat alternative
- More than 100 people indicted in Tazewell County drug round-up