BECKLEY, WV (WVNS) — Cars filled the parking lot of Linda K. Epling stadium as the Mountaineer Food Bank hosted its monthly food pantry on Monday, Oct. 29, 2020.
Volunteers stacked food boxes in the trunks of cars. Mobile Assistant at Mountaineer Food Bank, Britnie Anderson, said holding these pantries helps people who are struggling during the COVID-19 pandemic.
“We know that in these times, people don’t have jobs, people don’t have food. So we help in anyway that we can, and this is how we are able to reach out,” Anderson explained.
The Mountaineer Food Bank will be in Monroe County on Tuesday, Oct. 26 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. If you are interested in donating or volunteering, visit their website.
- After multiple cancellations, Greenbrier East mens’ basketball team wins first postseason game
- Princeton man takes flooding issues into own hands
- Washington DC one step closer to becoming a state as House passes bill
- Biden aims to slow climate change, grow jobs with new initiative
- Chandler-Semedo “extremely comfortable” taking over at mike linebacker