BECKLEY, WV (WVNS) — Cars filled the parking lot of Linda K. Epling stadium as the Mountaineer Food Bank hosted its monthly food pantry on Monday, Oct. 29, 2020.
Volunteers stacked food boxes in the trunks of cars. Mobile Assistant at Mountaineer Food Bank, Britnie Anderson, said holding these pantries helps people who are struggling during the COVID-19 pandemic.
“We know that in these times, people don’t have jobs, people don’t have food. So we help in anyway that we can, and this is how we are able to reach out,” Anderson explained.
The Mountaineer Food Bank will be in Monroe County on Tuesday, Oct. 26 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. If you are interested in donating or volunteering, visit their website.
- Tips for diabetics on how to eat this Thanksgiving
- People react to CDC guidelines for Thanksgiving
- Members from NAACP, local churches hand out 300 meals to area shelters
- Culver’s double-double lifts WVU over VCU; Mountaineers advance to finals of Bad Boy Mowers Crossover Classic
- Families look to keep holiday traditions alive during pandemic