The Pinnacle Mining Company, LLC is one of several companies which have filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection. The documents were filed on Sunday, Oct. 14, 2018 in the Northern District of Alabama.
According to court records, several companies have asked for joint administration of their cases. Those include the following:
- Mission Coal Company, LLC
- Beard Pinnacle, LLC
- Oak Grove Land Company, LLC
- Oak Grove Resources, LLC
- Pinnacle Land Company, LLC
- Pinnacle Mining Company, LLC
- Seminole Alabama Mining Complex, LLC
- Seminole Coal Resources, LLC
- Seminole West Virginia Mining Complex, LLC
- Seneca Coal Resources, LLC
- Seneca North American Coal, LLC
The bankruptcy document shows those who hold the largest unsecured claims. Among those listed as the top 50 creditor are Trustees of the UMWA Pension & Benefit, Bluestone Coal Corporation and even the Sheriff of Wyoming County.
A potential deal to buy the Pinnacle Mine fell though in early October 2018. Gov. Jim Justice (R-WV) released a statement regarding the closure of the mine on Friday, Oct. 12, 2018.