BECKLEY, WV (WVNS)– Raleigh County was added to the growing list of counties in Southern West Virginia that are protecting second amendment rights.
During a Commissioners meeting in Beckley on Tuesday, February 18, 2020, the board unanimously passed resolution. This means the right to bear arms will be protected in Raleigh County.
Ron Hedrick is a Raleigh County Commissioner who voted ‘yes’ to the resolution.
“This protects our citizens of Raleigh County from boundaries being overstepped by a legislature that may not be really representing the people,” Hedrick said.
- Family throws surprise parade for their “Mamaw”
- Motorcyclist dead after crash in Bluefield
- Paycheck Protection Program to help small businesses
- Local businesses team up to feed staff at Greenbrier Valley Medical Center
- Deputies: Driver charged with DUI in fatal crash is suspended Greenbrier County lawyer