UPDATE: Sunday, Sept. 27, 2020 at 6 p.m.— Multiple games have been added to the week five schedule. Here is the updated list of games being played on Friday, Oct. 2, 2020.
- Bluefield @ Point Pleasant at 7:30 p.m.
- Greenbrier East @ Berkeley Springs at 7 p.m.
- Greenbrier West @ Scott County at 7:30 p.m.
- Independence vs. Liberty at 7 p.m.
- Midland Trail @ Meadow Bridge at 7:30 p.m.
- Montcalm @ Van at 7:30 p.m.
- Mt. View vs. Sherman at 7:30 p.m.
- Mingo County @ Oak Hill@ 7:30 p.m.
- Pocahontas County vs. East Hardy @ 7 p.m.
- River View @ Wyoming East @ 7:30 p.m.
- Princeton @ Pikeview @ 7 p.m.
- James Monroe @ Nicholas County @ 7 p.m.
- Summers County vs. Chapmanville @ 7:30 p.m.
- Woodrow Wilson vs. Preston @ 7 p.m.
CHARLESTON, WV (WVNS)– Week five of high school football has some changes after counties stay in the “gold” categories on the County Alert System as of 5 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 26, 2020. Week five marks the first time all area county schools could play but they may see different opponents.
Locally, we have six games cancelled.
- Greenbrier East vs. Mingo County (Mingo County in Gold)
- Greenbrier West @ Meadow Bridge (Fayette County in Gold)
- Independence vs. Summers County (Summers County in Gold)
- Liberty @ Wayne County (Wayne County in Orange)
- Midland Trail @ Nicholas County (Fayette County in Gold)
- Oak Hill @ Pikeview (Fayette County in Gold)
Games that are still being played on Friday, Oct. 2, 2020.
- Bluefield vs. Point Pleasant
- Montcalm @ Van
- Mt. View vs. Sherman
- Pocahontas County vs. East Hardy
- River View @ Wyoming East
- Shady Spring vs. Westside
- Greenbrier West @ Scott County
Stay with 59 News as we continue to update you on the week five schedule.