WASHINGTON (WTRF) – The United States Navy is joining the Marines in their ban of Confederate battle flags.
Confederate battle flag displays will be prohibited from all bases, ships, aircrafts and submarines. Chief of Naval Operations, Michael A. Gilday, directed his staff to begin preparing an order on Tuesday.
According to a tweet by the Chief of Naval Operations, the order is being implemented to ensure ‘unit cohesion’ and to ‘uphold the Navy’s core values.’
- Two accidents close Harper Road
- Wyoming County woman makes over 4,000 masks to sell and donate
- High Schools get the chance to play baseball again
- Amidst COVID-19 cancellations, Mountain State Golf Classic carries on
- COVID-19 LATEST: Death toll rises to 96 across the Mountain State