WASHINGTON (WTRF) – The United States Navy is joining the Marines in their ban of Confederate battle flags.
Confederate battle flag displays will be prohibited from all bases, ships, aircrafts and submarines. Chief of Naval Operations, Michael A. Gilday, directed his staff to begin preparing an order on Tuesday.
According to a tweet by the Chief of Naval Operations, the order is being implemented to ensure ‘unit cohesion’ and to ‘uphold the Navy’s core values.’
- Project underway to provide clean water for hundreds in McDowell County
- Job numbers up in US, Biden says more needs to be done to help Americans
- City of Beckley working to fix potholes
- Mountaineers set for Big 12 Wrestling Championship
- History and seeding on the line as No. 6 West Virginia hosts No. 17 Oklahoma State in season finale