UNION, WV (WVNS) — A student at Mountain View Elementary and Middle School tested positive for COVID-19. Monroe County Schools made the announcement on their Facebook page on Wednesday, Oct. 7, 2020.
Administrators are working with the health department to conduct contact tracing. Anyone who is believed to have contact with the student is contacted. According to the post, the case does not appear to be from school spread. Monroe County Schools said the school will not close.
Due to privacy laws, the health department will not release the name of the student.
Health department administrators are encouraging people to continue to wear a mask, wash their hands, and disinfect commonly used surfaces.
- WVU Tech STEM camp highlights different career paths
- Tazewell County project expected to bring in millions, entice more businesses to open
- Report: Cavaliers host WVU’s Culver for pre-draft workout
- What to expect when marijuana becomes legalized in Virginia on July 1st
- Jina Belcher recognized by Generation Next as 40 Under 40