On Friday, July 3, 2020 WVNS will transition to a new over-the-air broadcast frequency. This means that consumers who receive their local channels using a TV antenna will need to rescan their TV set to ensure their TV recognizes WVNS. The rescan process is the same process consumers had to do when they initially set-up their TVs.
To rescan your TV:
- Go to the MENU from the remote. It may say MENU or SETUP.
- In the menu look for wording that refers to SCAN CHANNELS or SCAN ANTENNA
- Make sure you are scanning the over the air TV channels and not the cable channels. These is two separate scans and will be noted as such.
- Depending on the TV it may take a few minutes for the scan.
- If after a scan you have lost channels that were there before the scan, disconnect the antenna from the TV and do a scan again without the antenna. After the rescan, reconnect your antenna and rescan a second time. This should restore any lost channels.
For more information go to FCC.gov/rescan