(WVNS) 4:00 p.m. Tuesday, October 13, 2020- UPDATE: Mercer County Schools announced on Tuesday there was another confirmed case of COVID-19 at Princeton Senior High School. The school will begin remote learning on Wednesday, October 14, 2020. All athletics are also suspended until further notice. This means Friday night’s game between Woodrow Wilson and Princeton is canceled.
59News spoke with Woodrow Wilson Head Coach Street Sarrett and he said they are working to find someone else to play.
GHENT, WV (WVNS)– Week seven of high school football is upon us. After the State’s County Alert System was released Saturday, Oct. 10, 2020, we saw a few changes to games after counties were in the Gold and Yellow categories. Below is the updated schedule of games scheduled to play Friday, Oct. 16.
- Bluefield (4-0) vs. Parkersburg (4-3) @ 7:30 p.m.
- Greenbrier West (6-0) vs. Richwood (1-5) @ 7:30 p.m.
- Independence (2-2) @ Man (1-1) @ 7:30 p.m.
- Liberty (4-0) vs. Scott (1-3) @ 7:30 p.m.
- Meadow Bridge (1-1) vs. Summers County (3-2) @ 7:30 p.m.
- Montcalm vs. Hannan @ 7 p.m.
- Oak Hill (2-0) @ Spring Valley (2-1) @ 7 p.m.
- Pocahontas (2-4) @ Pendleton County (2-2) @ 7 p.m.
- Shady Spring (2-2) vs. Midland Trail (2-2) @ 7:30 p.m.
- Westside (2-1) @ Nicholas County (1-4)
- Woodrow Wilson (1-4) @ Princeton (3-2) @ 7 p.m.
Mt. View is scheduled to host River View on Friday but after a positive COVID-19 case at River View High School, according to Mt. View’s AD Mr. Barber confirmed they will be posted PikeView Thursday night at home. Kickoff is set for 7:30 p.m.
Wyoming East is scheduled to host Point Pleasant, but that could change after a positive COVID-19 case.
Cancelled games for week seven:
- Greenbrier East vs. Ripley
- Oak Hill @ Hurricane
- Pikeview vs. Herbert Hoover
- Shady Spring @ Mingo County