CHARLESTON, WV (WVNS)– Governor Jim Justice announced a proclamation to declare February 10, 2020 as West Virginia Library Day.
“Libraries support learning at all of life’s stages, including young children discovering stories, students researching papers, immigrants learning English, job seekers creating resumes, and entrepreneurs exploring business opportunities,” Gov. Justice stated.
A ceremony was held in the Governors Reception Room at the State Capitol Building on Monday, February 10, 2020. The proclamation also encourages all citizens to visit a library and take advantages of the resources available.
For the full proclamation you can click here.
- Mercer County man charged with strangulation, domestic battery, and fleeing
- Biden team preps for inauguration while lawmakers look ahead to impeachment trial of President Trump
- Vice President-elect Harris to resign her Senate seat Monday
- Phil Spector, music producer and convicted murderer, dies at 81
- Tax accountants warn about COVID-19 scams during tax season