BECKLEY, WV (WVNS)– An additional day of free COVID-19 testing will be added to the schedule at Beckley ARH hospital.
On Wednesday, August 5, 2020 people can head to the Beckley ARH Southern Clinic to receive a test from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. .
Testing will also be available on Monday, August 3, 2020.
CHARLESTON, WV – Governor Jim Justice directed the West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources (DHHR) and the West Virginia National Guard (WVNG) to monitor rising cases of COVID-19 at the Beckley Appalachian Regional Hospital (BARH) and the Logan General Hospital.
DHHR’s epidemiologists are working with the Logan County and Beckley-Raleigh County health departments as well as assisting the two hospitals with contact tracing.
Free COVID-19 testing will be held at the Beckley ARH Southern Clinic on Monday, August 3 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
The Logan County Emergency Ambulance Authority Station 30 will also have free COVID-19 testing. That will be held on Sunday, August 2, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Under the direction of Major General James Hoyer, the WVNG will offer support for sanitization and deep-cleaning services. The Guard will also assess personal protective equipment needs for both hospitals.
- LIVE NOW: Gov. Justice reads letter from West Virginian who lost friends to COVID-19
- COVID-19 LATEST: 13 WV counties are Red on County Alert System map
- Concord University will hold virtual Fall graduation
- Rain Tonight, Mountain Mixing Tomorrow
- Local businesses raising money to build women’s shelter in Mercer County