BECKLEY, WV (WVNS) — 2 p.m. March 9, 2020 UPDATE: A Beckley physician’s assistant, who allegedly beat a man with a wine glass, waived his preliminary hearing on Monday, March 9, 2020.
Bryan Stafford was charged with malicious wounding after turning himself in on February 18, 2020. Court documents say the victim needed 56 stitches after the incident. Stafford was supposed to have a preliminary hearing on March 9, but he waived it.
The case now goes to the grand jury.
ORIGINAL STORY (12:45 p.m. Feb. 20, 2020) — Officers arrested a man for bashing another man in the face with a wine glass, according to court documents.
Court records state Bryan Stafford and the victim were talking at Pasquales Italian Restaurant on February 17, 2020. A fight broke out and Stafford hit the victim in the head with a wine glass.
When the victim was interviewed by police, the victim stated he was not sure why Stafford hit him in the head with the wine glass.
The victim had to get 56 stitches. Deputies said when they tried to get a statement from Stafford he was too drunk to make one.
Stafford was charged with malicious wounding. He turned himself in Tuesday, February 18, 2020 he was able to post bond.
- McDowell County becomes only county in ‘green’ on DHHR Alert Map
- Fitness experts discuss staying active during winter months
- Forced to wait in Mexico, asylum-seekers make video pleading with President Biden
- VIDEO: Gymnastics Coach Jason Butts previews upcoming season
- Packers, Chiefs favorites heading into championship games