RICHMOND, VA (AP) — Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam plans to declare a temporary emergency Wednesday banning all weapons, including guns, from Capitol Square ahead of a massive rally planned next week over gun rights.
That’s according to two state officials who were briefed on the plans, but not authorized to speak publicly about them.
One official said the Democratic governor plans to announce the plans at a news conference Wednesday afternoon because of credible threats of potential violence and extremism.
(Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Even during pandemic beekeeping remains an essential service
- COVID-19 LATEST: Mountain State surpasses 4,000 cases
- Looking Good Today. Storms Return Sunday
- Lawmakers work to extend unemployment benefits set to expire in July
- Millions of dollars awarded to WV Community Corrections programs