BECKLEY, WV (WVNS) — Dr. Ayne Amjad’s office will have a drive up clinic in her parking lot beginning Monday, March 29, 2020. The clinic will take place Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. The testing is for Dr. Amjad’s patients and those who call ahead requesting to be seen for respiratory complaints.
Dr. Amjad said the goal is to help relieve the burden on local emergency rooms and ensure patients are properly triaged.
“Because this is going to go on way into the summer and we need to see patients. Most have sinus infections or bronchitis,” Dr. Amjad added
There are some guidelines that need to be followed.
- Patients must have a Photo ID
- No Insurance is required
- Cost is $50 cash for Rapid Flu and Rapid Strep tests
- Cost of COVID-19 test for qualifying patients is determined by the lab
- Patients from other doctors must contact their physician first and receive an order. This is required to ensure other possible respiratory illnesses (influenza, pneumonia, COPD, asthma, etc.) are ruled out.
- You must remain in your vehicle and wear a mask
Based on responses during the appointment call, patients will be seen outside and tested to determine if they have COVID-19, the flu, or if this may be a sinus, asthma, COPD exacerbation or something else.
To set up an appointment call 304-252-5900. Drive up testing will be from 10 a.m. to Noon. only