WASHINGTON, D.C. (WVNS)– Shelley Moore Capito (R-WV) released a statement about the recent passing of George Floyd. Her statement was released on Sunday, May 31, 2020.
“Racial discrimination has absolutely no place in this country. The senseless murder of George Floyd is unacceptable and those responsible should be held accountable. We need to do our part to change these attitudes that exist today, but at the same time, we need to do this in a peaceful way. Looting and violent riots are not the way to do this and it is not a way to honor George Floyd or those that are peacefully protesting. I urge West Virginians to do as we have done before during difficult times and come together, listen to each other, and learn from one another.”Shelley Moore Capito
- Groups call for removal of Stonewall Jackson statue
- Woodrow Wilson Cross Country prepares for August start date
- White House touts infrastructure agenda ahead of Trump’s trip to Georgia
- Tazewell County Sheriff switches political parties
- WV AG files lawsuit against Green Valley Poultry farm