FALLS CHURCH, Va. (AP) – More than 20 Chinese exchange students who recently arrived in northern Virginia will be unable to visit their host school because of concerns over a disease outbreak.
Longfellow Middle School in Falls Church announced Wednesday that the students and chaperones from Hubei province won’t be visiting the school or staying with host families as originally planned.
Instead, the school will work with the students’ tour company to arrange other cultural and educational activities in the area. The changes came after Longfellow parents expressed concerns about the outbreak of a new virus in that part of China that has killed 17 people.
(Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 20 years of gambling addiction recovery in West Virginia: resources still available during pandemic
- Hispanic Heritage: Honoring indigenous culture through pyrography
- Temperatures stay around average for the rest of the week
- Pax man arrested after shoplifting complaint
- Traffic stop in Fayette County leads to drug arrest