CHARLESTON, WV (WVNS) — The West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources (DHHR) approved a $20 a day increase for all of WV nursing homes. Governor Jim Justice (R-WV) made the announcement on Monday, May 4, 2020.
The DHHR’s Bureau for Medical Services (WV Medicaid) will submit an Emergency State Plan Amendment to increase the daily rates by $20. This will increase nursing home reimbursement by $13.6 million.
The DHHR, West Virginia National Guard, and West Virginia nursing homes tested every nursing home resident and staff member for COVID-19.
“The response of West Virginia nursing homes to mitigate the spread of the overwhelming pandemic was amazing and the results of our testing of every nursing home in the state shows that. I am pleased that we can show our appreciation with this increase from WV Medicaid.”DHHR Cabinet Secretary Bill J. Crouch
- New River fishing access site opens near Gauley Bridge
- Man facing multiple charges after reportedly leading deputies on chase
- McDowell County man facing sexual assault charges following investigation
- COVID-19 LATEST: Mercer County man among latest deaths in WV
- Newsfeed Now: President Trump heads to Arizona, Biden works virtually from Delaware