PRINCETON, WV (WVNS)– New Army recruits were sworn in during the Gold Memorial dedication. The new recruits will learn the fundamentals of basic training before they leave for training.
The recruiting office asked a retired army Colonel to conduct the swearing in. Retired Colonel Douglas Smith said the army will help the new recruits learn discipline.
“The military teaches discipline and respect and out of that you gain respect and awareness of everything that is going on in the community,” Smith stated.
If you are interested in signing up you can visit their website.
- Fayette County schools operate remotely December 3 and 4
- DISH Network removes CBS/FOX 59News programming
- Sports Director Logan Ross shares her thoughts, takes a look back at 2020 High School Football season
- New director takes over at New River Gorge Regional Development Authority, commissioners excited about the change
- Opioid crisis has worsened during the pandemic, lawmakers fear