BECKLEY, WV (WVNS)– A patient from Beckley Appalachian Regional Hospital (BARH) tested positive for COVID-19. Officials at the hospital said this is the first confirmed positive case at BARH and the third patient in the 13-hospital ARH system who tested positive for COVID-19.
The patient lives in Raleigh County, and went to the BARH Emergency Department based on related symptoms. The patient was then isolated and tested for other viruses. On Wednesday, April 8, 2020 the test confirmed the patient has COVID-19. The patient is currently being quarantined in an isolation room at the BARH.
This makes the fifth person to test positive for the illness in Raleigh County. The patient’s information is not being release due to laws and regulations.
- WVU Defensive Lineman helps players at his alma mater
- Raleigh County teen competes in World CrossFit Competition
- Beckley Area Foundation teams up with the American Red Cross to host blood drive
- Tokyo Olympics schedule: Cherry and Norman face off in 400-meter final on Day 13
- Wyoming man making a difference through stuffed animals