PRINCETON, WV (WVNS) — 12:30 p.m. Friday, Aug. 7, 2020: The Mercer County Commission announced the tire collection event was a huge success. So huge they had to end it early.
County Administrator Vicky Reed said the trailer to hold the turned in tires at the Mercer County Landfill was filled before 12:30 p.m. on Friday. The commission announced they will hold another event on Sept. 4, 2020. This will also be from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Litter Control Officer Joshua Parks said these events keep the county clean.
“Get people to clean up the county, and their yards and residences. Having 30 tires laying around isn’t really cohesive with what we’re doing,” Parks said.
ORIGINAL STORY – 7 p.m. Monday, Aug. 3, 2020: A free tire disposal day will be held at the Mercer County Landfill. People are only allowed to bring 10 tires per house hold.
The event will be held on Friday, August 7, 2020 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- One dead, three injured in early morning stabbing
- COVID-19 LATEST: More than 200 new cases are reported
- Stimulus checks: GOP, Democrats agree to restart relief talks
- Hispanic Heritage: Family band takes music to Facebook Live amid pandemic
- Looking Nice this Weekend