FAYETTEVILLE, WV (WVNS)– While many schools are having nontraditional graduation ceremonies… law enforcement agencies are still warning about being safe when celebrating this milestone.
If you still plan on hosting or attending a graduation party, do not drink and get behind the wheel.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Sheriff Mike Fridley said deputies were not able to go into schools and talk about the dangers of drinking and driving.
“We weren’t able to talk about the consequences of drinking and driving that we usually do,” Fridley said. “It doesn’t scare me it worries me. Just be educated about it you know and be smart,.”
Fridley said they will have more deputies out paroling during the holiday weekend.
- Election Officials: Masks not required to vote
- BARH relaxes testing guidelines in order to test more people
- COVID-19 LATEST: 32 new cases reported in WV, 27 recoveries
- Concord University to downsize faculty and staff
- SpaceX, NASA scrub historic crewed launch due to poor weather