SUMMERSVILLE, WV (WVNS) — A man is currently in the hospital after deputies said he exchanged gun fire with law enforcement. The incident happened on Saturday, July 11, 2020.
According to a release from the Nicholas County Sheriff’s Department, deputies were responding to a shots fire call on Phillips Run Road in Summersville. When deputies arrived, they found 50-year-old, Carl Raines. Deputies said he started firing shots at them.
Deputies returned fire and disarmed Raines after he was hit. Raines was flown to a nearby hospital for treatment. This is an ongoing investigation.
- COVID-19 LATEST: Seven deaths in WV overnight as active cases fall
- Huntington escapee could be in Greenbrier County
- Which type of face mask is most effective?
- ‘I was terrified’; Colorado woman discovers living snake in apartment toilet
- Three arrested on charges of dealing heroin in Fayette County