COAL CITY, WV (WVNS) — A student reportedly accidentally overdosed at a Raleigh County high school on Wednesday.

According to the Raleigh County Sheriff’s Office, a student was given a drink by another student containing a type of prescription cough syrup. The student’s negative reaction to the prescription cough syrup called for immediate transportation to a local hopsital.

According to Sheriff J.C. Canaday, juvenile petitions are currently pending against the student who provided the drink.

Stick with 59News while we continue to provide updates.